The Harrow Gospel Hall Trust has enjoyed a twenty-year tenure in the area, working closely with their neighbours and supporting local groups.
Over the years the church congregation has slowly moved out of London and as a result the site in no longer occupied. This means there is an opportunity to consider how to re-use the site in a meaningful way.
We have held several pre-application meetings with the London Borough of Harrow to discuss the principle of re-development. These discussions have been guided by five key principles:
- To deliver a design that responds sensitively to each of the neighbouring areas
- To create a new pedestrian route through to West Harrow Underground Station
- To open the opportunity of homeownership to a wider spectrum of local people, with a variety of new homes with a range of tenures and sizes
- To deliver a sequence of green amenity spaces
- To discuss the delivery of a new sustainable community space with the London Borough of Harrow